Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Reading Response #1

I wanted to start out talking about my overall thoughts about the reading. I thought most of it was pretty dry, and didn’t understand most of it. The reading contains good content if you were able to understand what it was actually talking about. The part that I actually somewhat understood was the part about watching a movie or reading a book twice and seeing parts that you missed. That happens to me all the time. Often in movies like “Step Brothers”, “The Hangover” the smallest things said that you didn’t notice the first time because you were laughing or watching someone else are the funniest so film is still just as funny as the first time that you watched it. Or in movies with a deeper plot such as “Inception” it is best to see twice so you fully understand what happened and to remember what happened in the beginning of the movie.

The other part that intrigued me was the part of them talking about montages. Some montages can be pretty interesting to watch on youtube, I personally love to watch video game or music montages. But how they talked about it I thought was just kind of over the top, and confusing when it could have been a lot easier. They also try to make it deeper than it really is. A montage doesn’t have to have some huge deep meaning, it can just be a video clip filled with smaller different video clips just for fun, or maybe it can have a message.

No comments:

Post a Comment