Video Art: This reading was very dry and straightforward reading but it did make me think that each commerical is a story built into a very short period. Which I never really thought about until reading that sentence, while some are more developed stories then others each of them still have a story in them. I have had many times where I watch a television shows and certain episodes just captivate me and I cannot take my eyes of the television. Stories like that are what make television a must have for nearly every home in America. While when I hear the word video art I more think towards the television side of things than some of the videos I have seen in galleries I still believe that both can be very similar. Each side can have an art to it that the other cannot do.
E-Flux: Now while reading this I was just imagining all the small pixelated images I have seen over the years, especially after reading the part where all images are reshaped, resize and transmitted over and over again all the time losing quality. While reading the Now part, it said that older cinema and video art is what embodies the past. Which is partially true in my opinion but there is also the pictures and videos found on the internet that are in such low quality as well. So while all new videos are in much higher quality it really matters on the person uploading to choose whether they want to have a new age look to it or for a quicker upload speed they sacrifice the quality.
No comments:
Post a Comment