Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Reading Response #2

e-flux

This article really goes in depth about poor imaging. I thought this article was very detailed and honestly a little too much. It was very interesting but at the same time boring. I found it fascinating that poor imaging is being used often and is what created cinema and video art. It’s shocking to hear how Humphrey Jennings refused to show clips that had rich imaging. Then again, I do believe that high resolution image can be too powerful and can possibly take away from the film. However, if I had to choose I would definitely want high-resolution instead.

video

I wish this article wasn’t so long and draggy. Even if I found myself skimming through pages, hoping to get to the next page; this article gives a great history of video art and television. I found it interesting that television is what brought video art where it is today. I found to enjoy pgs 162-167 to be more interesting, it made me really think. This article definitely links to the other reading because it talks about videos and the low quality and low budget used in some videos made.

No comments:

Post a Comment