Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Response #2

Video:
I thought that the "Video" article was a bit dry. It defiantly could have been more exciting. The fact that television made a pathway for video art itself is incredible. One interesting aspect of video art is that it does not require the use of actors, dialogue, and also does not necessarily require a plot. I found this interesting as I read because video art does not have to coincide with movies or cinema, but something similar like short films or games. I think that instantly when we think video art we think more along the lines of television. To know that video art has another side that also relates to something like games is amazing.

E-flux:
This article was confusing. While I enjoyed the pictures that went along with the article to help further the points. They way that Steyerl speaks is even more confusing. Although I felt this way, my favorite sections were "Low Resolutions" and "Resurrection". I enjoyed the Low Resolutions because when he was speaking about the DVD's it reminded me of how much more impressive that picture is compared to the old fashion VHS tapes. As for Resurrection, I thought it was interesting how they didn't want to show the images because they were in fact old. I think this goes along with my thoughts on the Low Resolutions and the VHS tapes. This relates back to todays society because, many people would not want to show anything on VHS to a group of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment