Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fluxus Response

I enjoyed reading this article about fluxus. Reading the article kind of felt like I was being told a good bed time story. Something about the way it was written made me want to continue reading. I liked how the article doesn't use any big words to explain fluxus. In other articles we have read, they many times use big complicated words and that always made it difficult to understand what I just read without having to reread it several times. This article about fluxus, "A Child's History of Fluxus", didn't have any really big confusing words. It felt to me like someone that really understood fluxus wrote this article, because I think they would have to know a lot about the subject in order to explain it in a way that just about anyone could understand it. I liked the metaphor that Higgins uses to explain why fluxus didn't have a name yet, "because Fluxus was like a baby whose mother and father couldn't agree on what to call it."

No comments:

Post a Comment