Yes Man- Well entering the exhibit the first thing that I noticed was the surviva-ball, I read the page on why you should buy the ball. Giving examples of how this could be useful such as jumping out of a building. They also had the example of how to recharge the ball by just touching an animal, which was filled with some blood, so basically saying kill animals to use this ball. Also in the exhibit they had a video that was very messed up in my own words. the basic work of the art video wanted to recycle food and reuse it for food later. So basically take poop and rework it into food to be resold. The whole plan is run from mcdonalds. I thought the idea was neat filled with a bit of computer animation but I don't really think it was an art that i enjoyed.
Data Mine- This exhibit had a few more video art pieces. One being what looked like a barbie that was constantly being transformed with different pieces of clothing and even slightly moved back and forth. This was a little bit more of my style, There was another piece in there that I cannot really remember right now but I know it was a video. The idea was abit better but still not really something to make me go wow, the transforming doll just seemed to be a quick slideshow of a doll with different clothes on
No comments:
Post a Comment