Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Reading Response: Yes Men and Data Mining

The exhibit of Yes Men was interesting to say the least. Their views of anti-consumerism were pretty enlightening; it really made you think. A lot of the things I saw concerning the negative effects on global were eye opening for me. I mean I was well aware of some of it, but I learned some things I did not know. For example, many companies out there are still willing to sacrifice global safety to earn or save a buck. In profits vs global environment, it's quite clear that the environment is on the short end of the leash.

Also some of the outfits, props and displays were humorous. For example, the gold suit with the giant "appendage". I still not sure if I want what it is exactly confirmed or not, but the sight of it none the less was funny. I'm all for honoring the janitors in the world, they put up with a lot of crap from people and have to deal with cleaning the nasty things others don't wish to clean. Yet, I'm wondering what he particularly did to earn such a homage.

Sadly, I was unable to see the Data Mining for myself; due to time and the gallery being closed on the only day I was able to go see it. However, I still do plan to see it for myself as soon as I am able to.

1 comment:

  1. That particular Janitor "died" while cleaning a toxic oil spill.

    http://theyesmen.org/hijinks/vivoleum

    ReplyDelete