The data mining exhibit was also pretty interesting. It took me a little bit to understand what the exhibit was actually about after coming from the Yes Men Gallery. Upon entry, there was a very large blue translucent ceiling piece that really caught my eye. For some reason I could not stop looking at it. The way it was shining in the sun really made it fun to look at. The next piece that I feel is worth talking about is the video of the woman being altered by exchanging body pieces with dolls and other women. Maybe it is a reference towards how girls expect themselves to look due to forced habits from society.
Yeah, this is where you turn in all of your homework for Media Theory and Design 2. Reading responses should be a couple of paragraphs long . . . occasional included links as references are encouraged.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Yes Men and Data Mining
When I first stepped into the Yes Men gallery, I had no idea what to expect, but within minutes I was clearly aware. I really enjoyed the idea of the McDonald's re-Burger. The idea is so ridiculous all I could do was laugh. I also enjoyed the advertisement stating instructions on how to use the safety-bubble in many different fashions. Another weird thing in the gallery was the shrine for the what seemed to be a janitor. It kind of made me feel a bit awkward because it didn't make sense with the rest of the gallery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment